Did you know caring for your toothbrush is essential? If your toothbrush has germs and bacteria, then you are spreading that on your teeth. With proper care and treatment of your toothbrush, you are helping your teeth stay healthy. However, many people do not know the importance of caring for your toothbrush, which is why our dentists with Ling Family Dentistry in Blaine, Minnesota, are happy to provide you information on toothbrush care.
Here are some basic tips to toothbrush care:
– Never use anyone else’s toothbrush. Similarly, never let anyone else use your toothbrush.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 5 months as soon as it begins to wear down.
– If you are younger, you will need to replace your toothbrush more regularly than with adult toothbrushes.
– Keep your toothbrush free of germs and bacteria by always standing it upright.
– Never keep your toothbrush in a closed container.
– To prevent the spread of contamination, never store your toothbrush with other toothbrushes.
– By introducing new germs to your mouth, you will put yourself at an increased risk for several oral health problems. If your toothbrush is ever contaminated, it needs to be replaced immediately.
As you can see, caring for your toothbrush is an excellent way to help your teeth stay healthy and strong for many years to come. If you care for your teeth correctly, you are setting yourself up for a healthy smile. So, call us today at 763-784-1993 if you feel you are in need of a dentist. Our dental team is happy to schedule you a checkup and help you in any way we can. Dr. Michael Ling, Dr. Jodi Pope, Dr. Sarah Latterell, and Dr. Zachary Walgenbach are here for your smile!